1993 Camry Door Handle Starting to Break

I noticed that the driver side door handle on my 1993 Camry V6 LE is starting to break. The part that is breaking is the plastic handle you left up to open the door. Does the dealer have replacements and how do I remove this part.

Reply to
pestocat

I had a 93 Camry LE that the front passenger door handle broke. I ordered it from some dealer on the internet that advertised 25% off internet orders. It was color matched, and I just let the local Firestone dealer install it for about $50

Reply to
motor822

I stopped by the Toyota dealer and they want $118 for the handle. I looked on the internet and the price is between $15 to $28. The only problem is that the only color is black. Do you recall where you purchased your handle. I need or would like to have the color taupe or dark gray. Thank you,

Reply to
pestocat

Sorry, I don't remember which one, I tried to do an internet search and didn't see anything that sparked my memory. I want to think the dealer was in New Jersey.

Reply to
motor822

See the following exchange:

pws Oct 11 2006, 10:15 pm Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota.camry From: pws Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:15:53 GMT Local: Wed, Oct 11 2006 10:15 pm Subject: Re: '94 Camry - Another Broken Door handle Questi> Check AutoZone's free online repair guide on how to remove the door

I finally got around to replacing the door handle. The most difficult part by far was removing the door panel. Toyota really wants it to stay on there. :-)

It is a little tight to work in there once you have the panel off, but not bad. I definitely preferred to give up about 1.5 hours of my time rather than give the dealership $138.00.

Thanks again,

Pat

pestocat wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

The black one needs to be painted. So the final cost may not be an advantage. There are internet based Toyota parts dealers. I don't use them (or needed them), but you can google for these.

Reply to
johngdole