Removing paint scrapes?

After filling my gas tank,when driving away,I scraped the side of my truck on the concrete pole at the end of the pump island.

My truck is dark blue,and the top of the pole is painted yellow. Is there a method for rermoving the yellow scraping?

Reply to
Herb

hopeful

maguires...spelled wrong....cleaner wax and a buffer..

...my post was red....

john

Reply to
asadi

Brasso Metal Polish works wonders, it acts as a very fine cut polish and cleans it up just like new, too bad it does not fix the indentation at the same time. I just used it on the side of my niece's mini van, she did the whole side from front to back, all that remains is the small crease just back of the headlight and another on the rear quarter panel. It works well on dark colors, no swirl marks etc. Used it many times on my 98 Black F150.

Del.

Herb wrote:

Reply to
Del

If it's a factory paint job under yer "yaller" you can use enamel reducer with a quick wipe. Or...if you're a slow wiper you can use synthetic enamel reducer wihich has a little less heat to it. However, lacquer thinner will take the paint right off, so stay away from it. Or, you can use the other methods provided by posters...it will just take a little longer. But it sure will look shiney when you're done. And naturally, if it's not a factory paint job slow is always best. You could also use 1500 grit sandpaper and that would be wet. Then a hand rub. Good Luck!

Reply to
dumbneasy