rust above rim on F-150

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do about rust over the rear wheel rim on my 91 F-150?

Winter's coming, and I didn't want to leave it like this.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pawel Slusarz

Good luck. My dad had his 93 repaired last year before it got that bad (just one bubble) and the rust is back again. He says he is going to cut some metal out this time and weld in new. That seems to be a common place for rust on those trucks.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

I will let you guys know what happens with new metal inserted. My bro-in-law has my 88 in his shop now fixing both sides that are like this..

Reply to
David Coleman

My '93 is starting to do this too (with only 76K miles and 2 winters). I haven't done anything yet, but I plan to try this stuff my dad put on his '94 Astro (driven through 10 winters). It's a spray can of a certain kind of primer that bonds with the rust then turns black. It is supposed to stop the rust by (chemically) converting the rust to a different material and then sealing the oxygen away from the metal. Paint over the primer after is has dried. I need to find some paint too -- the original is 'PB' but I can only find 'PA' in the local auto shops. Some time or another I will check with a dealer on that.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

winters).

dad put

can of a

black.

What's the name of the product?

Paul

Reply to
Pawel Slusarz

I had to go home and read the can to find out :-).

The product is "Rust Fix", made by "Dupli-Color".

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

Reply to