Salesdick's stupid question today

Was sitting in a new F-250 in the showroom waiting for parts guy to look up stuff for my 92 truck with blown head gasket.

Salesdick kid comes up and says "What do I need to do to let you drive this home today?"

What's the best thing to say besides "Fuck off" if this happens again?

Reply to
Tom Levigne

give me the keys and ownership

Reply to
Roy Brown

Just be nice and say, "Just looking. I'm waiting on parts from the parts dept." Why the attidude? Sales is the guys job. John

Reply to
JohnR66

You wouldn't dare go with "blow me" because he probably carries kneepads.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

"Give me the keys"? Doesn't mean that you intend to buy it.

Reply to
Mark Jones

If you don't want to be disturbed by salespeople when you are at the dealership when buying parts for your worn out vehicles, you should probably just say "I drive a '92 F250 and a '88 Bronco II." I'm sure he'll leave you alone.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier

"Get me the keys and get the hell out of the way"?

Just tell him/her you're waiting for parts and leave it at that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You sure don't want to send a mixed message in a case like that! But seriously, don't be ugly. It's just going to reveal that you were too witless to think of anything to say.

Reply to
Joe

Hand me the keys and turn your head! :o)

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Now that one is a keeper...:-)

Reply to
Robin Brumfield

"RJ in WV" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:P9XZe.283$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga:

I'd go with a minor variation:

Fill it up, hand me the keys and turn your head!

S.K.

Reply to
Silent Knight

Good idea, let's not forget the paperwork to make it all legal like. ;o)

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Sounds to me like you need to quit being a prick and respect the fact that he's just doing his job. You could try politely saying something like "I'm just picking up some parts right now, but when I do get ready to buy I'll be happy to come see you. Do you have a card?" Just a thought.

Reply to
Rippler