seating a thermostat in 351w???????

Is there a trick to getting the thermostat to seat properly in a 351w. I just changed mine in an '87 and can't get it to seal for the life of me. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that it's a vertical housing or what. Any tricks? Thanks.

Reply to
Luke

Got it licked. Thanks.

Reply to
Luke

Reply to
Gromit

You must have some really sticky spit!

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

HAHAHA, not sticky spit. I was just using crappy spray gasket tack and the t-stat was dropping just a hair out of the seat.

Reply to
Luke

That is a lousy design to start with. Best solution I know of is to buy one of the self-adhesive gaskets. Just peel off the peper backing, position thermostat, and stick the gasket over it. Then bolt it up. I think Victor makes them, possibly others.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B