Simple right? Dome Light Relay? 2001 Expedition

My dome light(s) no workie. They work fine with the ceiling switches but don't come on when I open the door-any door.

Now of course, I know nothing. I bought this beauty from USFS auction and have never had such a fancy vehicle before. A button even to move the gas and brake pedal for short people? MERCY!

Admittedly, it could be as simple as a switch not switched.

Who wants to be the first guy to get a "thank you" by telling me where the problem is? LOL!

And thank you!

Steve in Montana

Reply to
dumbneasy

Unfortunatly w/ fancy cars, come fancy problems.

Reply to
Yabahoobs

Thanks Yabahoobs,

You were just a great help....NOT! It just amazes me how one like you can spend so much time being worthless.

Steve in Montana

Reply to
dumbneasy

Steve, I could go on and on about what your problem is most likely caused by, but I dont have the time.. LOL I will say this. Your generic electronic module (gem) controls 2 relays in the central junction box (cjb for short, aka fuse panel). It is called a cjb cause now its not just a fuse box anymore. Anyway, the relays are your batt saver relay and interior lamp relay (ILR). When you open a door (any one of them) the GEM will ground the control side of the ILR and close the relay. This will cause the courtesy lights to come on. The problem with the CJB's and GEM's in your vehicle is that they plug directly into each other. There have been known cases of water intrusion into the CJB/GEM's on these vehicles. Either way, its more likely the GEM than the CJB, but you are looking at some good money to get this fixed.. I would suggest you let the dealer work on this one..

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech