Steering whine

I have a 94 F-350 that the steering whines pretty bad. I've read that Fords steering is known for this but is there anyway to get rid of it? I've replaced the pump and just had the system flushed to remove air with no luck. I've found some info about swapping in a Saginaw pump. Has anyone tried this? It looks like an easy enough task if you can find all the parts. Is there any pump that will install on my truck without having to drill and add brackets?

Reply to
Cudighi

|I have a 94 F-350 that the steering whines pretty bad. I've read that Fords |steering is known for this but is there anyway to get rid of it? I've |replaced the pump and just had the system flushed to remove air with no |luck. I've found some info about swapping in a Saginaw pump. Has anyone |tried this? It looks like an easy enough task if you can find all the |parts. Is there any pump that will install on my truck without having to |drill and add brackets?

ATP makes an additive that is guaranteed to stop Ford pump whine. # AT213, about $6 - $10

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B