Super Duty Trans question

Hello, Does anyone know if the Super Duty pickups use the same transmission for the v10 as they do for the 7.3 PSD ??

Also, would a v10 Excursion use the same tranny as a v10 F250/350 pickup and a 7.3 PSD Excursion the same tranny as a 7.3 PSD F250/350.

Thanks in advance. I mentioned my interest in a 7.3 PSD Excursion to an acquaintence and was advised that the Excursion only looks like the super duty pickup and is a lighter frame and weaker drivetrain (especially transmission which is different from the pick ups) and I would be stressing the excursion to tow my 6200 pound camper and 5500 pound car trailer.

I was hoping to validate this info from all of you !!!

Thanks and best regards. Joe

Reply to
ja

Joe- Your acquaintance is an idiot. The X uses the same tarnny, frame, etc as the SD trucks. Go here to get answers to SuperDuty and Excursion questions to avoid responses from Windstar and Ranger owners:

Go to the Forums section.

Reply to
bomar

same transmission 4R100

possible different programming in ECM for more 'soccer-mom-friendly' shift in the Excursion

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

your friend is full of shit. there is no difference in the drivetrains. the f250 uses the same motor as the f550,the only difference is the trans. the 550 uses an allison auto instead of a ford trans. the excursion is the same as a f

250. i ues my f 250 to pull a 17,000 lb excavator and trailer regularly for the past 15 years and have had no problems
Reply to
Falcoon