98 explorer tail light

how hard is it to replace?

also where any recommendation on where to get a cheap replacement?

thanks

Reply to
northstar

Easy

Junk yard

Reply to
Rick

sorry i don't think i was clear enough.

i need to replace the entire unit not the light bulb because it's cracked.

Reply to
northstar

Reply to
Big Shoe

Remove the two screws at the top of the lamp unit. Pull out the unit ignoring the horrible sounding wrenching noise (this is normal). Go to a breakers yard, buy a replacement lamp unit and refit.

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

if you can change the bulb you can change the whole unit just lift the tail gate and remove the screws around the tail ligth i believe the are two or three screws the tail light will come right out

Reply to
mab6680

Junk yard........

:-)

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

=================================

Reply to
Alan Moorman

ebay is where I got one for my sporttrac.

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Thanks all, for the advise. I will try to do it this weekend.

Reply to
northstar

If you live in Canada, most auto parts suppliers can get these parts

rather inexpensively. I'ved used their parts often and they appear to be decent quality. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a US equivalent.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, I se that doesn't work too good... Go to

and enter as a guest. It will allow you to access the online catalog.