Traction Lok into an Open Rearend ???

How hard is it to install a Traction Loc assembly in a Open rear end (87 F150 2WD) ??

Reply to
Katmandu

Not hard. just replace conventional case and spiders with a traction-loc case with clutches included. Base part# 4026. Don't forget to add friction modifier to fluid when done. If you want a ford unit email me at snipped-for-privacy@shultsautogroup.com

Reply to
JF

It is very simple!

Setting your gears up properly is another story entirely... Lots of guys will tell you that they can do it properly, very few truly can. The damage usually takes a few thousand miles to announce it's self, by then you are screwed...

If you have never set up rear-end gears before, and this is your daily driver, I would suggest you attempt to find a local pro to do it for you...

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ