Truck "died"

My truck, 1990 F150 4WD 100,000 miles has died. The rear axle blew up for lack of a better word. It doesn't move anymore unless in 4WD. The frame is bent/rusted in one small area.

It may be able to be fixed if I can get a used rear axle, find someone to weld the frame, etc. but what I want to know is this:

If we can't fix it and want to sell it for parts what parts are most people interested in? And what should I expect to get out of these parts?

The engine purrs like a kitten. Runs great, oil changed every 3,000 miles. Leaks a little oil. Body is not that great. Wheels are nice.

How much for the engine? OR much as is for the whole thing?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve K

I forgot to mention, the engine is a 6 cyl. 4.9L. gas.

Reply to
Steve K

Where are you, and what tranny dose it have?

Reply to
quakeholio

Upstate NY, near Ithaca. 4 speed with granny gear I guess is what you'd call it.

Reply to
Steve K

I'm going to say it's worth $1000. The engine, tranny and transfer case will be popular items for several hundred dollars each but you might find somebody interested in some of the body parts also.

Reply to
Joe