Update seats on 88 F-150?

I am having fits with my old 88 F-150. Was thinking about hitting the salvage yard for something updated. Anyone know what years to or not to look at? I know JCW has them, but $1300 is kinda crazy for an old beater like mine...

Reply to
Carl Beyer

Upholstry shop if the frames are all right ($100 a seat?). I've got the needle kits to do it - BigLots set for $2. Bench seat on my F100, though. Or measure it out & look for something in the salvage yards - probably mostly ratty stuff. Was welding back together my '73 G10 Chevy vans seats after breaking the frames loose until a woman crossed the median and took the van out. Junkyards that go by used or better preowned junk parts and won't let someone in may charge an arm and leg compared to a regular junkyard. Call and ask - they'll talk. $1300 seats from JCW makes perfect sense - now I know how they get vehicles priced up $20K to $30K. Always wondered what it costs to make a pacific rim car rebadged into something marketed here for $17K. Last new car I bought cost $3K. Same as a 2000 ranger w/50K that cost $12K then and $17K now. Glad I'm in a large area with a lot of options when it comes to used parts. Check w/ LCM prices or availability?

Reply to
Flasherly