what color is toreador red?

I'm looking at a Ranger on the internet. I see one that's listed as Toreador red and it looks sort of orange-y. It's a 99. Is it red or orange? Anyone have one of these? Can't stand the Longhorns and can't drive a burnt orange truck.

thanks

mark

Reply to
Mark

Dark red. Looks great. I have a 2004 F-150 in that color.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Take a look at the Ford web site, the F150 Pulling the Trailer is Dark Toreador Red.

Reply to
ur12

Why are you replying to me? I have one in my driveway.

Reply to
Mark Jones

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Mark) wrote in :

As Mark Jones said, it's a darker red. I have a Sport Trac that color. I wouldn't call it really dark, but it's definitely red -- nowhere near burnt orange (which I don't like, either). Toreador Red has been discontinued (at least in the Sport Trac), and they now use a lighter red which isn't quite as pretty, IMHO.

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Jessie Herrera

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:17:45 -0800, Jessie Herrera wrote something wonderfully witty:

A good picture of this color is at

As an interesting side-note; The 2005 Harley-Davidson will feature the industry?s first ?flame? paint option with a choice of either Toreador Red on black or True Blue and Medium Wedgewood Blue. The bold flames are actually painted on the cab with a patented wet-on-wet process. Other exterior features include billet-like grille, blacked-out headlights, chromed tow hooks, fog lamps and 20-inch polished aluminum wheels. The interior features stitched two-tone black leather seating with Harley logos. The door inserts and dash feature a unique pattern that appears to be carbon fiber but really is hundreds of tiny Harley logos. The interior is also enhanced with chrome on the dash, many of the controls and the foot pedals.

Reply to
ZombyWoof