Wiper pump

Here's a wierd one, My windshield washer pump isnt working at all so I checked the voltage with a meter at the conector that plugs in the pump and I get 11-12V when I push the fluid switch. Then I take the pump out and bench test it with 8-11V from a power supply I have and it works fine. I checked the connector and Im 100% positive that the leads are making a connection to the pump but it still doesnt work. I think that some how it is dropping the voltage when power is suplied and it detects a load, anyone know why this is happening?

thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris C.

Sounds like you have the answer right in front of you Chris. The pump works. So check the power aqain with a load on it. Try to wire the pump in and the meter across the line at the same time. See if the voltage drops. My guess is that it won't and all you have is a bad connection there to deal with.

Reply to
Al Bundy

It reads 1.5V when there is a load, when there isnt I get 11.4V-11.8V chris

Reply to
Chris C.

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 17:19:23 -0400, Chris C. rearranged some electrons to form:

I think Al was on the right track... sounds like a bad (corroded) connector.

Reply to
David M