Wiring diagram for FORD F150 trailer lights from truck

that's what I said about 18 messages ago. green has 5 letters, right has 5 letters. a good way to remember. I never once said it wrong.

Reply to
Steve Barker

green as the running lights tho there is one of those on the right, right?and i know nothing of wine be it port or starboard>

Reply to
samstone

Okay ...

But YELLOW goes to the left side, and you gave another color in your easy-to-remember method.

I agree you gave the right color to remember the right side, but you gave the wrong color to remember the left side. I gave you the actual color for the left side, and you got nasty.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Also there seems to be no convention set for the trailers wiring other than white being the ground. Yellow seems every time to be left, but the green and brown switched from running to right on different sites. The flat four pin connector on this etrailer site doesn't even try to suggest what is what . So I guess the best way would be to inspect the trailer bulbs wiring and see how that manufacturer wired it.

Reply to
samstone

No I didn't. I threw in that PORT was left. If you ever noticed, PORT is not a color. It is a marine term for the left side of the boat. It was supposed to be humorous. Apparently you didn't get it. I just threw that in because it is a good way to remember PORT from STARBOARD. Port has 4 letters, Left has four letters. Has nothing to do with trailer lights, granted, but was put out there anyway.

Bye.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Anyone using green for running/tail or brown for a turnsignal/brake is just flat doing it wrong. Sure some trailer manufacturers do it that way, but that doesn't change the standard.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Apparently not. Maybe it was humor challenged.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland