WTB 4.10s for my Dana 44 and 8.8

Looking to upgrade the gears on my 96 bronco, would like to buy the dana44 unit with 4.10 gears as a drop in unit for my ttb front end to save me from getting the gears setup. Also need the same ratio for the rear.

Thanks

Reply to
BOSS

Am I correct in assuming you're looking for advice on where to purchase said units?

How about starting with your local off road shop, or one of the big chains? (4 Wheel Parts, Off Road Warehouse etc..)

Why not pull the third members out yourself and have a qualified shop install the new gears? I did that with my 4Runner a couple years back and it was less than $1000 for both ends for new ring/pinion, new bearings, crush sleeves,etc and labor. I think it took me about 3 hours of labor to bolt it all back together and the shop did both in about 6 hours.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

No I'm looking for a used set, I know where to buy new. Don't want to pay $1000.00 bucks. If I can find the complete Dana 44 pumpkin with 4.10s I won't have to have the gears setup. I have no problem taking the front end a part and swapping pumpkins.

Lot of guys have done an SAS swap so there has to be a bunch of TTB front ends kicking around.

Reply to
BOSS

Ahh.. I didn't pick that up from your original post. I don't want to sound preachy, but be careful with a used unit. I picked up a used

4.56 third member for the 4Runner when I grenaded the rear diff. It lasted about 90 days before it too took a crap. I pretty much tossed $400 in the garbage. I had that third member rebuilt with new gears and pulled the front one to have it reworked as well. I just dug up the receipt.. $863.55 for both ends..

I would imagine so. Unfortunately, I have little idea of where to look. Perhaps some calls to the local rock crawler clubs?

Good luck.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Thanks for the advice. I lost out on a couple good deals on the Bronco web site, so I'm hoping to get luck and find the same again. Who knows? All I can do is try, if not next year I will buy new, but sometimes a guy gets lucky. So many projects to spend money on, house, yard work and the wife's car, I really need my money to stretch as far as it can. And gears aren't high priority, more of a want than a need. :)

Thanks

Reply to
BOSS

I can relate.. Between the mortgage, tuition, the wife's POS Jeep and my want to landscape the half acre of dirt out back, I'm scrimpin' myself.

Good luck with it!

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

What ratio is in it now?