Latest threads in Ford Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AdaRac: Adapters for Yakima Crossbars
Just installed an Adarac rack system on my pickup's bed (viz: Easy install, nice and solid, gives me the adjustability I want, can co-exist with a folding bed cover like BakFlip. But the crossbars...

Rust Between Bed Floor and Front: Mitigation?
viz: Looks like maybe there are pads of some sort between the floor and front of the bed. Before this gets any nastier, is there anything I can do to head it off?
1
1

2005 Full Crew Cab, 5' 6" Bed: Does It Have Stake Pockets?
I just pulled a bed cap off of this vehicle expecting to see little patterns on the plastic rail caps indicating location of stake pockets. But Nada: Am I SOL? Or might there be pockets hiding under...
1
1

How long are recalls honored?
THE IGNITION SWITCH COULD EXPERIENCE AN INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT. Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH. Potential Units Affected: 7900000 I've only owned this truck for two years. I have no...
4
4

Fuel pump wiring keeps causing problems
Twice in the last 2 months my 88 F-150 has left me stranded. Both times the problem has been the wiring going to the fuel pump. The first time the mechanic had to replace a fusible link and several...
3
3

Need diagram -Serpentine belt 88 F-150
I need a routing diagram to install the Serpentine belt on a 1988 Ford F-150 pickup with 300ci straight 6 engine. I've spent over 3 hours on google trying to find this. But as usual, google gives me...
7
7

Simple brake job on '96 Explorer 4x4
100% correct. MUCH easier to repair the sun damaged paint and plastic than eliminating the rust. Want an eye opener, grab an inspection camera and look inside the rockers and fender wells on vehicles....
26
26

Best/Worst Areas To Park At A Mall?
Parking at a big mall seems to offer many options: under a roof, out in the open, densely-used areas, sparsely-used areas, and so-forth. Somebody with a more-stealable-than-most vehicle would want to...

Does my 88 F-150 have TWO fuel pumps?
I have a 1988 F-150 300 - six cyl engine, fuel injected, 4WD, manual tranny, pickup truck. I'm not getting fuel to the engine. I *can* hear the fuel pump in the gas tank run. This could be gas line...
8
8

'96 Ford Explorer alignment issue
x-post to 1996 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0, 4x4 I replaced the L/R upper/lower control arms (new 1 piece R-side), I/O tie rod ends and shocks, which was an adventure in itself. I'd never worked on a...
3
3

Pennsylvania: Trace Vehicle Sales?
I have a vehicle about which I need to know, for the past 3 transfers of ownership - all within the state of Pennsylvania. - Date of sale - Amount of sale - Old owner name - New owner name - Mileage...
15
15

Ford Ranger unanimous pick for International Pick-Up 2013 award
From AB NEW FORD RANGER WINS 'INTERNATIONAL PICK-UP AWARD 2013' UNANIMOUSLY New Ford Ranger wins "International Pick-Up Award 2013." Judges praise on- and off-road prowess, strong engine line-up,...

BeltMinder Disable: Not Happening?
2005 F-150. I've gone through the procedure on page 123 of the owner's manual (as posted here: to me like I'm getting the confirmation signal OK. After the procedure, my expectation is that I should...
4
4

Part of Speedometer cable - What is it?
This is a 1988 F-150 pickup truck, 4WD with 300 six cyl engine. My speedometer cable got ripped out of the transfer case when hay got jammed under the truck and around the front driveshaft. (also...
2
2

Welding Pressure plate to Flywheel
A guy said the clutch is shot in his old beater mid 80's F-150 farm truck with manual tranny. He said he only uses it on the farm and dont license it for road use. He was going to junk it, but someone...
3
3