AdaRac with BakFlip HD?

Up to a little while ago, I would have bet a paycheck that I read somewhere that AdaRac and BakFlip were compatible.

Now I am looking at the way AdaRac's towers slope in and I'm thinking the BakFlip sections will not clear them.

The Question:

Is anybody using this combination with success?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

It has been several years now, but I paid $750 for a bakflip, At about the

11 month on a 12 month warranty, bakflip just came apart. Everything leaked, tape came apart an on and on. Bakflip refused the warranty. The model I was using had so many complaints that they upgraded to the next model. They wanted me to send back the original, $80+ in shipping and they would rebuild the original to the crappy POS that they had to start with. Would not upgrade me to a newer version unless I forked over another $400. It has been that long and I am still PO!. Just my 2 cents.

Up to a little while ago, I would have bet a paycheck that I read somewhere that AdaRac and BakFlip were compatible.

Now I am looking at the way AdaRac's towers slope in and I'm thinking the BakFlip sections will not clear them.

The Question:

Is anybody using this combination with success?

Reply to
wabbleknee

Per wabbleknee:

That makes me feel better about refusing delivery on the one I ordered. My view is that every maker has problems... the test isn't whether they have problems or not.... the test is what they do to handle the problems.

Thanks...

Since I do not care about physical security or weatherproofing, I'm thinking that I will be able to make something myself that costs a lot less.

My starting point is the pivoting headache rack mentioned in another thread.

If that works out, I think covering the remainder of the space will become a matter of finding something tb used for panels that will slide in to a channel attached to AdaRac's angle bars on each side: Stiff/durable enough to not fall apart from repeated use, light enough to handle easily. My knee jerk is 3/4" styrofoam house insulation encapsulated in fiberglass/epoxy resin.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)