1988 Corsica, new sensors, NO SPARK!!!

First i hit a big pothole.. it BANGED, smoked and quit, then after new TIMING CHAIN it would run for about an hour then pop and bang. After new plug wires, module and carb cleaner... same. After a guy said to put in a new CRANK SENSOR then it went 5 miles and QUIT COMPLETELY (poped and banged to a halt) now it is virtually without spark and no one can help!!! Thank-You!!!

Reply to
moviestar

First check all your wiring for any bad connections. If non are found, check for bar wires. If none, replace the ECM. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

(MORE)... if the ECM is that computer thing behind the glove box then i put a new one in but the girl at the junkyard made me use my OLD "eprom" out of my old "computer box/brain". it now wants to POP on like one cylinder but it's still basically DEAD, you know!!! Thank-You, all again, Guys!!! Moviestar

Reply to
moviestar

If your Corsica is a V6 2.8L it's a interference engine. Which means if your timing chain broke while driving you would have internal engine damage. A couple of badly bent valves at the very least.

Reply to
JoJo

I dislike selling a customer an ECM where they have to change their E-prom. Considering the E-prom also goes bad. Did you keep your old ECM?

This really sounds like an electrical issue, since it runs then dies. You replace a part it runs then dies.

Just a question. Have you checked the voltage on the battery when it dies? Low voltage on Electronic Fuel Injected cars will cause them to shut down. I found this out on my first fuel injected driver. an 87 Astro Van. If it lost the serpentine belt, or the alternator went out, I had three miles I could limp it before it would totally die. Charles Changing an Astro Van alternator 150 miles from home on X-mas eve in the snow, at night was no fun.

Reply to
Charles Bendig