1988 Delta 88 fuses.

Car: Oldsmobile 1988 Delta 88, 6-cyl engine, AT, power seats, windows, and locks.

The 88 seems to run fine, but there seem to be several gaps between slots 1-12 in the fuse panel that cause me concern.

I no longer have the owner's manual, and the sticker on the door to the fuse panel is halfway torn off (and taking with it the fuse sizes and purpose for fuses 1-12.)

Does anyone know, or could they post, the listing of what size fuse should go into each slot and their purpose?

Thanks

Reply to
W. Orr

Is any anything on the car not (obviously) working? Windows, locks, coutesy lamps, heater/AC blower, blinkers, etc...

I honestly can't say about your particular vehicle, but I have seen many vehicles with empty fuse slots. Take a close look with a flash light... are there even any metal terminals in the slots? It's not uncommon to see empty slots that don't even have terminals in there.

Reply to
Steve Reinis

The two main things I can think of are:

-Window wipers working, but washer fluid not spraying out (always full, however).

-No beeping noise when turn signal left on too long, lights left on when ignition turned off, or keys left in ignition when door open.

-(possibly some dashboard lights not working? I do know the Service Engine Soon light NEVER fails to come on at least 2 times a year, though :) )

When I was fiddling around tonight I noticed the 13+ range of slots was missing a fuse that was for IIRC a Fuel Light, so I went ahead and put a new one in. (Never seen a fuel light come on in this car ever, so I'm curious if it'll start when I start hugging E from now on.)

I know there is enough left of the sticker to tell that a few of the slots are listed of 'blank/spare'-variety (Fuse 1 and 2, IIRC), but I can also tell that a few of them also appear to have some purpose, but the label is too damaged to make it out.

Reply to
W. Orr

Most of those empty slots were for things like ABS, auto-levelling, power sunroof, and so on. There are also two slots for spares.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Go to the AutoZone website. Find/click on the Repair Info link>click Vehicle Repair guide>select your year/make>click Chassis Electrical>click Wiring Diagrams>click Fig 30....it has the fuse compartment at the bottom left of the page. The previous Fig also has part of the wiring diagram.

Have fun.......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Thanks a million. Autozone's site was the las place I would have looked; spent too much time trying to navigate GMs and Olds' sites for anything.

Reply to
W. Orr

U R welcome, glad I could help!

Reply to