1988 Lesabre SHOP MANUAL WANTED!!

Need the official-type shop manual for a 1988 Lesabre. Any clues as to where to look anyone? i can't seem to get the steering coulmn upper housing off to tighten/replace the 4 screws that make the wheel/tilt get all loose and squirrelly when they back out.

Kevin

Reply to
FunkyKev

EBay - $6 to what ever you are willing to pay, $3500? HelmInc - $129

I don't know

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Google for the GM tilt column fix. There's a site out there complete with pictures and procedures.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I'm not an advocate of half-*ss repairs, but IIRC, 3 of those 4 bolts can be accessed w/out removing the housing. Use your own discretion about leaving 1 loose!!! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

I'm having some issues on this repair with the lock cyl and the upper main housing thereabouts. Can't get it out and can't get housing off. It is apparently fused/crimped on as a two-piece assembly...bound at the top. I'll Google. Anyone that might like to help further and see a photo or two please email privately. Thanks to all.

Kevin

Reply to
FunkyKev