1990 Chevrolet Lumia Will Not Start

My Chevrolet Lumina, 4 cyl, will not start. It cut off when I was driving it. There was no default code present. The valves started to keep a lot of noise before it cut off. I have replaced the ignition coils, crank shaft sensor, and ignition module. The fuel pump is working.

"HELP"

Reply to
poorsoul

Shep

news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

also im not familar with this engine out of memory. does it have a timing belt? how long had the valves been making noise? minutes? seconds? months? you dont specify. if minutes could valve timing have jumped or something of that nature. if so that would explain the no start and shut off. say it jumped enough to make it rattle (spark knock or something) then another jump to far enough out that it wont run at all.... i dont know this forsure as i have not looked at your engine in person and have done no diag. but off the top of my head....assuming seconds/minutes before shut down sudden engine noise then it shuts down. id think mechanical sight unseen.

shot in the dark. maybe another way to look or just something else to rule out

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Timing is shot. OBD I won't generate any codes at all if the chain or belt came off.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander