1991 lumina apv retro fitted already ,how many cans r134a does it take

This van already has the conversion done and I put five cans of r134a in and 2oz can of oil shoild I put more and how much?What does it really call for????

Reply to
Painterpaul

Sounds like too much already. My Haynes A/C manual (yeah, I know) says 2.75 pounds of r12 for a '91 APV. R134a conversions run best with about 85% of the r12 amount installed. You run the risk of 'slugging' the compressor with liquid refrigerant if it's overfull (among other problems).

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

I could not find that but ...so it takes less r134a ? the reason I put

5 was it never seemed like enought ,BUT it was pretty hot yesterday..and I thought when it got to full it just would not take any more .so what do ya suggest ? It gets nice and cold at night..
Reply to
Painterpaul

I gotta go to work but I was thinking cause the van has a fan control for the back of the van it might have a extra evaporator there too . could that mean it might require more than the avg. car/truck?I will check for extra evaporator later . but maybe the manuel has something ?I figure your manuel is different cause you mentioned a a/c manuel I have the van manuel ." It's That space shuttle looking Van"

Reply to
Painterpaul