1994 Olds Achieva Problem

I have a 94 Olds Achieva, with 194,000 miles on it. It has been running great with no problems.

The other day, I was just leaving a store, when someone cut out in front of me in the parking lot. I had to brake really hard to prevent hitting them. When I did, the car stalled. It immediately restarted, but stalled again in a few seconds.

I was able to restart the car a few more times, but it would stall if I took my foot off the throttle. After a few starts/stalls, it would no longer start.

I towed the car home, and the pattern has been consistent. If the engine is cold, it will start and run, as long as I keep the RPMS above

1000-1200. Once I take my foot off the throttle, it dies. Once it is warmed up, it won't restart.

I did try changing the fuel and air filters, in cases they were clogged. I am unsure what to try next, as the problem came on so suddenly, not a gradual onset issue.

Reply to
Nathan

Shep

Hope it's not this, but one possibility is 'trash' may have suddenly shifted to underneath the pickup tube/sock in the tank. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

If your car has a maf sensor in the air intake tube, check the tube for cracks between the maf and the tb.

Reply to
« Paul =?is