1994 safari van electrical problem

I just spent $70 to find out that I did not have a problem with my power windows. Yesterday I came out of work. The car had been sitting in the Indiana sun all day with the sun on the driver door. I pushed the buttons to put the windows down. The driver side window came down and the passengers side came down partly I played with the buttons and finally got the driver side window up and the passenger side window working. When I tried the driver side window nothing happened and I noted a power draw by the way the clock dimmed. I tried both windows on the way home. the passenger side window continued to work, and the driver side window would not. Each try of the driver side window caused the clock to dim. I took the van to the dealer demonstrated the problem and left.

Per the dealer, when he moved the van to the parking area, he tried the window, it worked and continued to work all the time it was in the shop.

It was still working when I brought it home.

Any suggestions where to look for to short.

Reply to
keith nuttle

There is a known problem with the window motors. We've had them replaced two different times. The motors heat up and stop working; let 'em sit a few minutes and they kind of work. But it is definitely the motor, and definitely an overheating problem.

Mike

Reply to
Mike OKeefe

the wires break in the housing from the pillar to the door. Have fun trying to get enough slack to solder in a new piece.

Reply to
Batty