1997 Park Avenue ’change oil’ reset

Just bought a 97 Park Ave and I can?t figure out how to change the change oil message. It doesn?t have a glove box button like my ?94. The owners manual doesn?t help. How is this done?

Reply to
tg

On the DIC, bring up the display for the "oil life index." Press and hold the "reset" button for five seconds. When the value is reset "XXX" will be displayed. When the reset button is released, 100 will be displayed for the "oil life index."

Steve

Steve Mackie

The owners manual must say how to reset the oil monitor. My 05 manual say how & I don't even have the oil monitor in my car.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 29,914 91 Bonneville LE 304,246
Reply to
Harry Face