1999 Grand Am problems(2)

First - The passenger seat doesn't seem to stay locked in place(forward to back). It keeps sliding. Is there an adjustment for that, or something that typically works itself loose?

Second - My radio remote trunk release hasn't worked since the car was stolen and recovered. That's the only event I can tie it to. I'm assuming there's a wire cut or missing somewhere. Any suggestions on how to track it down? The radio remote works on the doors just fine, and the trunk release button on the driver's door works fine. Two different circuits, maybe?

Thanks

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Eldred,

I assume your car has the same switch inside the trunk by the latch to enable/disable the radio feature as found in my 2001. Locate the switch and give it a flip and see if that solves your problem.

Not sure on the seat question, sounds like something broke.

Howard

Reply to
HDD

Enable/disable switch?!? Good grief - I didn't know there WAS such a thing. Time to dig out the owner's manual...

Ok, I just checked the manual. The switch that would disable the radio feature would also disable the button on the driver's door(which currently works). If the switch is on, the only way into the trunk is with the key. I even tested the release button with the switch on. The radio part just isn't working. Whether it's a frequency issue, or the 'receiver' isn't working right, I don't know. I still have concerns that part of the wiring was screwed up when the car was stolen, and wasn't fixed correctly. And guess what? The trunk lock isn't the same as the door locks. I don't think it got changed wwhen the ignition and doors got changed. It's probably not worth the expense to fix now since I'd have to come out of pocket. Grrrr....

Phooey...I was hoping it was an easy fix.

Thanks for the help, Howard.

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP