2000 Impala problems

I just bought a 2000 3.8 and the car is occasionally hesitating before "lurching" into gear. I read some similar cases at

but don't know how to get the car properly takencare of since the dealers are telling people they can't find theproblem............... any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Phobia

Mark

Reply to
Don Simmons

Thank you Mark, I'll keep this in mind next time I take it back to the dealer Phobia

Reply to
Phobia

Hi Don, The car has 45,000 miles (72418 km) on it, the mechanic said no codes showed up so he couldn't find the problem. I bought the car at a Ford dealer and bought a Ford warrantee. Ford sent it out to a Chevy dealer for the service. Since the car didn't "act up" at the dealer they did nothing except charge me $90. I haven't looked at the color of the transmission fluid, I assumed the service people did that.

Thank you for your advice Phobia

Reply to
Phobia