2001 lesabre battery

How do you access the battery in a 2001 Lesabre? I know it is under the back seat, but I can't figure out how to get at it.

Cheers

Reply to
Indrrek Aavisto

Good question. I have never seen a GM vehicle with the battery under the rear seat before, so I thought I'd check it out. Pulled up your vehicle in ALLData and sure enough, there it is. Thought it was cool, but doesn't give any info on how to remove the back seat. However, if it is anything like most other GM vehicles, there will be two bolts at the front holding the lower seat cushion in place. You may have to lift the cushion up slightly to see them. Of course, they may have changed the fastening method.

Steve

"Indrrek Aavisto" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Steve Mackie

"Indrrek Aavisto" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I'm trying to remember how we got at ours. I THINK we just went near the back part of the seat and pulled up and it just came up but I'm not positive right now.l

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Per the service manual:

1.. Push in and up on the front of the rear seat cushion. 2.. Lift up and out on the seat cushion. 3.. Remove the rear seat cushion from the vehicle. "Indrrek Aavisto" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Reply to
Silver Surfer

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I should have looked in the owner's manual before posting. It's the old story about "when all else fails read the instruction"

Cheers,

Silver Surfer wrote:

Reply to
Indrrek Aavisto