2003 Pontiac Aztec Personalization

I rented a 2003 Pontiac Aztec this week. Big mistake! I was reading the manual for personalizing the door locks and audible feedback. According to the manual, one goes into customizing by holding down the trip odometer button while in the odometer mode for two seconds with the ignition On and the transmission in Park. A window should display showing that you are in programming mode. I held the button until my finger hurt but nothing happened. The alternative method is used when there is a Driver Information Center, which this vehicle did not have. Has anyone had any success in changing the door lock programming?

The inside rearview mirror shows a little upside down trapezoid to the rear split by a window frame. That is the worse arrangement I have ever seen. The upper window is almost horizontal so you have to crouch down in the driver's seat to see any distance to the rear.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

wow, didnt take it for a test drive before they suckered you into buying it? I can tell in 30 seconds or less if I could tolerate a car's ergonomics.

Reply to
Paradox

success

have

ergonomics.

As I stated, it was a rental. They "upgraded" me from a Chevrolet Blazer.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

This rental may not of had the programmable feature you thought it had. Not sure what to make of the split rear window design. One of the Honda Civic coupes a few years ago had a back window that was similar to the Azteck.

A friend of mine in Indy bought a bright Yellow Azteck in April.

Next time rent a Park Avenue or a Deville.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face