2005 Malibu Cruise Control

Anyone out there have problems already with 2005 Malibu cruise control? The cruise control stopped working and I've only had this car since Dec 31, 2004. On the left side of steering wheel there is on/off button to press and if you press on a orange light lights up to let you know it is on. On the right side of steering wheel is button set/reset to press and when I press 'set' nothing happens no cruise control light comes on (this light lets you know car is on cruise control) and I press again still nothing. Why would a cruise control quit working so early in a car's life? Never had this problem before with any other vehicle I've had. One thing I noticed is the right side daytime running light does not come on when I start engine and does not come on when car is being driven. Is there a fuse problem or speed sensor problem?

Reply to
wewe917

Check the high mounted brake light bulb to see if it is burned out. On some GM cars if the bulb is burned out the cruise control will not engage.

Reply to
Carlton