automatic doors will only unlock

I'm having a little problem this my 95 cutlass supreme. I recently pressed the automatic door lock button (driver's side) and silly me wanted the doors to lock... checked the passenger side switch nothing checked the clicker... nothing everything still unlocks without a problem

I would like to try and fix this myself but the wanted to get your ides first. any suggestions?

Reply to
matthias121

Probably the switch on that door. The switch has 3 wires. One is the supply feed (from battery) and is usually the center wire. The two outer wires are for LOCK and UNLOCK. The switch is probably bad on one side but still good on the other.

Replace the switch, but before you do, be sure the wires are attached and not corroded where they connect to the switch. If you want to test the switch, take a volt meter or test light. The center terminal should be hot all the time. The outer 2 wires should be hot when the switch is flipped one way, the other way, the other wire is hot (not necessarily the same wire toward the direction you flip the switch.

The only other possibility would be a broken wire somewhere, but I bet its the switch.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

thanks for the info, i'll get the tester out :)

Reply to
matthias