85 G20 dash

I want to remove the dash from my 1985 g20 van to paint and customise it a bit. How bad of a job is this. Anything special I should know. I 've had the instument cluster out a few times. This was easy enough. Plan is to totally remove the area where the radio is currently mounted because it has been nearly destroyed by numerous past radio installations and fill theis with a custom fabricated insert to mount new stereo/gps and electrical control system. Also need accwss to in-dash 6x9s to replace them. Also this will give me a chance to access wiring for installation of remote lock/security and relocate the window controls to a center console. Along with information on dash removal/installation I would appreciate any ideas on tricking out the interior of a van like this. DVD and neon lighting for interior are already in the works. Van has just a little over 97K miles on it. Got a great custom blue and silver paint job back in 1990 and has barely been driven since, just 15k miles since then. Always garaged.

Reply to
Jimmie

richard bisson