88 Astro tilt steering column squeaks - Arrrrrrgh!

Seems to be comming from pivotal area.

Does not squeak when firm pressure is applied from top or bottom of steering wheel. This wears my arms out and the squeaks drive me crazy.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Reply to
cybershark7
1988? I'd say the pivital point is worn out. Might be some warped plastic parts in the column rubbing. Can you shoot any kind of lube in the piviot area?

Might be something you'll have to live with.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 26,122 91 Bonneville LE 303,568
Reply to
Harry Face

You are correct. My mechanic lubed the steering linkage and it still squeaks. would rather sell the thing than live with it :)

Reply to
cybershark7