89 Buick 3800 motor error code 14

My buick came up with an error code 14. I let the engine cool down for over 3 hrs, disconnected the battery for 2 minutes and cleared the error. When it started the check llight came on again right away. Since the engine was NOT hot I am baffeled. I cleaned the contacts on the sensor plug on top by the fuel rail. Is there another sensor that I am missing or am I looking in the wrong place. Any help would be welcome.

Reply to
park.j

Probably either the coolant temperature sensor is bad, or there's a short in the wiring somewhere. Keep in mind many vehicles have multiple sensors, the one with 2 sensors is the one for the ECM, the one with 1 wire only operates the gauge or warning light.

Reply to
Robert Hancock