89 cadillac HELP

HELP!! I have an 89 caddy that I purchased from a funeral home and it has less than 60,000 on it... I dont drive it that often it is sort of a special occasion and nice sunday driving car..... I got it out yesterday and after running it all day last eve when i got home and turned it off the fan continues to run, the heating and ac fan..... I have pulled all fuses even the hidden ones under the right side of the instrument panel and the fan will not shut off.. Last night i pulled the battery cable to get it to shut off... what can it be???? how do i get it to shut off till i get it looked at??

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Look on the engine-side of the firewall in the middle. You can see the back of the blower-motor. It has a small rubber tube coming out the bottom of the motor and a 2-wire connector at the top of the housing. Pull the 2-wire terminal connector from the motor. You probably have a bad module, but since you disconnected power to the ECM all the trouble codes are now lost. It will take some time for the computer to 'relearn' and make a new history. It may run differently than it did before you disconnected the battery. Disconnecting the power to the computer system clears the RAM(history) and all systems/sensors revert to their default factory settings(when everything was brand-new)

Hope this helps.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt