94 Cavalier computer

Anyone know where the computer is located in a 94 Cavalier? I was told that a water leak might be getting to the computer, making the car not start when parked outside in bad weather. Have determined that the car starts up fine when stored in the garage. I am somewhat new to Cavalier but have done some troubleshooting on cars in general. Are water leaks a known trouble with this vehicle? T.I.A. Bob

Reply to
BeeP

If water was getting in the computer it would be fried and not start at all. Diagnose the problem as it is probably under the hood somewhere. A little information on what it is doing might get you a more definite answer. That said the computer is behind the glove box on the passenger side.

Reply to
Qwack

Thanks for the info. I plan to do more diagnosis, as soon as we get a day above 5 degrees! Was wondering if water was affecting a connection on/near the computer. Will post when I get more info. Plug wires, alternator and computer replaced recently, according to my g/f, for whom I plan to sell the car. Bob

answer. That

determined

Reply to
BeeP