Ion Check Engine light torture

So for the 2nd time the fall season is too much for the 2005 ION.

The check engine light appears and disappears constantly.

The car is normally parked in the garage but if left outside in blowing snow one is guaranteed to some sort of trouble.

Dealer has fixed the computer 3 times now apparently but they can;t stop the problem.

Last week after being outside over night in a snow fall, I had the signal light pretend to be burned out (2nd time now). When the engine warmed up the compartment, I got the signal light back but the check engine light came on for 200 miles or so.

I have had the car register no gas, doors open etc. There is 40000 on the car now.

thus- it appears the car is a moisture sensor. The computer under the hood is left exposed to blowing snow and crap that flies up from the visible front tire.

Does anyone know of a cover that can be purchased for the computer?

I live in Canada and currently am not having engine light trouble since I wrapped the computer in plastic to keep the water and snow off it. What kind of an idiot designer would put a computer in extreme weather conditions without a cover on the unit or the connectors.

Reply to
wwnormww

the computer actually is a solid state circuit board and is actually encased somewhat. seems not so much the cold but perhaps frost/ice may be melting and getting into the casing? or IMHO you simply just need to have the computer replaced, it sounds faulty.

marx404

Reply to
marx404