'98 Cavalier - Fan and Rear Defrost problems

Does anyone have an idea why the rear defrost in my '98 Cavalier won't work anymore? Also, the fan only works on the high and very high settings. If I set it to low or very low, it won't work. I checked the fuses and even replaced them -- it still won't work.

Is there anything else I can do or do I have to bring it in to get that fixed?

Thanks, Frieder

Reply to
zschiesche

The blower resistor by the blower is corroded and needs to be replaced. As for the defroster there is probably an open in the element or all elements. Scratch on window or broken at the connection. Possible bad switch or fuse. Measure voltage at connections to isolate or take it to a mechanic if you are not proficient on electrical troubleshooting.

Reply to
Woody