99 Intrigue 'service' vs 'check' engine lights

My daughter called, and she has a 'service engine soon' light that just went on.

Isn't that one of the models that has both the 'service' light and the 'check engine' light?

I can't get down to get at the car for a couple days, and there doesn't appear to be anything obvious.

What's the difference between the 'service' and the 'check' lights?

Reply to
Mike Y

Easily verified by reading the owner's manual. Electronic versions are available here:

That being said, the "Service Engine Soon" light in the US is what you are calling the "Check Engine" light.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

My '01 Grand Am has a "Check Engine" and a "Service Vehicle Soon" light.....the later indicates trouble with systems other than the engine such as bulbs out etc.

Reply to
doane_nut