Theftlock

I have seen many posts on this, but none quite answer the question

I got a new radio from ebay, of course the lock is on. Holding the 2+3 or 1+4 buttons does not bring up any numbers, and I dont have an hour button or minute button to complete the rest. I know how to do the rest, I just can not get the code out of the radio. If anyone knows how to retrieve this code on newer car stereos, would they please email me: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. Thank you

Reply to
Dtechsecurity

Didnt know I couldnt put my own email down, anyway the last 3 letters are (ity)

Reply to
Dtechsecurity

It may help if you stated which radio you bought, however most people won't help with retrieving codes, as we don't know if the radio was bought or stolen. Try e-mailing the seller, or taking it to a local dealership. One thing I do know is if it is a newer radio from a GM car (2000+ I think) then you can't retrieve the code, as the radio is programmed into the vehicle's VIN, and you have to take it to the dealership.

Reply to
80 Knight