Aluminum wheels

I have polished aluminum rims on my 2008 Buick and have cleaned them for the first time. I used Maguiar's polished aluminum cleaner which cleaned them about 70-80 percent. But there are some areas that did not clean up. Using a dry cloth did not help.

I did one spoke with Maguiar's car wax and that worked OK.

So, is there any reason not to use that car paste wax on these rims?

Is there a better or proper polish or compound that I should use?

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

2008, and this is the first time you cleaned them? I think I see your problem!

Machine polishing and buffing may be the only solution. A wheel shop would be able to clean them properly.

Any good high quality wax (paste or liquid) should work OK. Realize these wheels should be cleaned frequently, perhaps every few weeks or monthly if you don't drive much.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks, that does make sense.

Dave