are stock HEI weights available?

Hi all

I have a GM HEI distributor that weights are no longer available for (1979 Chevy 250 I-6.) I do not like the aftermarket weight kits (Mr. Gasket etc.) with their light weight weights. I have a selection of springs available to me so I am not all that concerned with the EXACT OEM weight. Also, I have the distributor on a Jeep 258 so obviously it's not a stock application anyway.

Are OEM weights available which will physically fit my distributor? Is there a guide anywhere showing the various weights and what the differences are between them? I'm usually pretty good at searching this type of thing out but I'm stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance. Doug

Reply to
dornbos

You might want to give these guys a call

- they carry all sorts ofdistributor parts list a number of obscure older items. They don't listweights sopecifically, but they say they can do rebuilds for #'s matchingcars. If they don't have, they might have a lead for ya.

Reply to
v8z

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

Thanks for the link. I just went to their site and then added it to my bookmarks. I went to your site also. nice looking datson! if you are on color tour in michigan this fall, check out the Toys for Tots Benefit Drag Race at

thanks again. D

Reply to
dornbos