Buick air deflector

1997 Buick Park Avenue. How do I get the air deflector, the rubber strip under the front bumper, off? I've removed the three screws that hold it in place, but cannot pull it off the bumper cover.
Reply to
Eddie

The diagram for a '98 Park Avenue shows about 11 of those plastic push-in retainers holding the air deflector assembly on the machine.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Reply to
Eddie

The repair manual for the 1997 shows 3 screws and tht's what I find on the car. It seems that the deflector is in a groove of the bumper cover, but I can't pull it out. I'll check for more retainers.

Reply to
Eddie

As one poster mentioned the air deflector is set into a groove in the bumper fascia. Its a VERY HARD press fit.

It has to be pried out from one end but it takes time . My 2005 has three screws as well.

I think the splash panel under the radiator has to be removed first.

good luck

harryface

91 Bonneville 312,976 05 Park Avenue 69,311
Reply to
Harry Face