Buick Park Avenue Power Steering Problem

I bought a 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra about 2 weeks ago and I noticed today that it is harder to steer when driving slow and VERY hard to steer when parallel parking. It also makes a whining noise when driving slow/steering. When parked, the noise is more predominant, when steering. I also am hearing a bit of that "classic", suttle, "whistling" noise when the car is driving slow or idling. Also, when I do sharp turns, going right, I sometimes hear a thud noise and can feel it too. None of these things were happening prior to this evening. Is this a simple case of power steering fluid or a leak or a problem with the power steering its self? I have a 30 day repair/return warranty (2 weeks left) so I'll be taking it in but it would be nice to get some insight here, first.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
BJ