Camaro DRL problem

Something about my DRL's has failed, and the headlights now stay on after I turn the ignition OFF (unless I turn the headlight switch
OFF). I used to be able to leave the headlight switch ON all the time, and the lights would go off when I turned the ignition off. I have replaced the DRL module, but that did not cure it. Can someone please tell me what else could cause this? Or can someone please tell me where to go to find the answer?
Pete wrote:

Hi Pete...
Not a mechanic, just an old retired electrical guy, so take this for whatever little it's worth...
Are you sure they're not staying on only for a minute or two, as a courtesy to let you find your way safely into your house?
Try leaving them on, watch for a minute or two and see if they don't turn of automagically.
Take care.
Ken
Thanks, Ken;
No, the lights do not go off automatically. If I leave the light switch turned ON and turn OFF the ignition, the lights stay on until the battery runs down. That's what happened the first time I noticed the problem, and it continues after I replaced the DRL module.
When the ignition is OFF and I open a car door, the little LED in the vent outlet on the dash blinks on and off. It did this before and after replacing the DRL module.
Pete
Ken Weitzel wrote:

Pete wrote:

Sounds to me like the lighting control is now working more like a typical/normal (non-GM) car. GM has *way* "over-engineered" lighting controls starting sometime during the past 7-8 years!