Cavelier

I've got a 2000 Chevy Cavalier and my battery went dead the other day. When I jumped it off my remotes for my keyless entry didn't work,my radio said lock on it and it runs rough does any one have any ideas before I take it to a dealer . Dennis Dawson

Reply to
dennis dawson

Check the battery and charging system. When the battery goes bad a lot of noise is generated in the electrical system and all the computers go haywire....

Reply to
BillW

To unlock the radio you need to get the radio code as far as the remotes you will probably need to get them reprogrammed.

Reply to
John

Yes, I've got a couple.

Check your owners manual for the procedure to re-syncronize the remotes. For the radio, if someone entered an anti-theft code (also explained in the owners manual) you will need to enter it to unlock the radio (or pay $$ at your dealer).

The rough running might clear up after a few miles when the PCM gets it's bearings back.

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts