Clearing computer codes

I was wondering if it is possible to clear the computer codes in a 97 Venture without having to pay a garage $50 to do it a, no one around here offers a free service.

Reply to
TerryU

Remove positive battery cable for 30 minutes

Reply to
clevere

Try either an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts. I know both will read and delete old codes as a free service. I have had Advance Auto parts do it for me 3 times now.

Reply to
Mike®

That does not remove all the OBD II codes. The only way to remove all the codes is to use the computer data port. $97 does seem a bit high. THe shop I work at only charges $40. Shop around, you should be able to find some place cheeper.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Schoell