Corporation To Run For Public Office!

Not one that is any use to get to vote with.

Reply to
Jomo

And political and economic favors. Say an inside tip on a stock or hey my cousin from Harvard needs a good start...is VP good enough?

Reply to
Canuck57

not reality.

that did not have the forsight to predict

limits, real campaign finance reform, etc.

Hey, they did pretty good really, better than most other countries. But given liberalism and the corrupt time they will always run anything down to decay unless the people are hard nosed about it.

I say hard nosed, as someone needs to publically tell Obama his corruption and mamoth debt spend is screwing people. And call him a corrupt prick.

I hope he does not.

Reply to
Canuck57

In a way yes. Say I have the republican AND the democrat would be president in my pocket. Have squeeze on his corruption and pay them lots.

Going into an eletion, how mny people have voted but not voted for a democrat or republican? That is vote without the two parties in mind?

He is right, follow the money and power. The rest is bullshit for the naive.

Reply to
Canuck57

Canuck57 wrote

Obama, not reality.

limits, real campaign finance reform,

True. My main objection is to their objection to standing armys and its easy to see why they went that way with that.

And they didnt do anything about slavery, and easy to see why they decided that that wasnt feasible at that time too.

Which isnt a bad effort considering that it was one of the first.

And even when they are, that isnt necessarily enough.

mamoth debt spend is screwing people.

Yes, the provision on free speech is certainly one of the most important rights.

Also not surprising given the history in western europe at that time.

Its the only possibility for getting anything done about either.

And the farts that wrote the constitution were the epitomy of money and power at that time too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

...and?

Reply to
krw

That was what was being discussed, corps getting to vote.

Reply to
Jomo

The same Court that ruled corporations were "persons," who can be sued in both criminal and civil court, has now ruled they MUST therefore have the freedom of political speech guaranteed in the Constitution to every American.

IF the people do not agree corporations are people than they must amend the Constitution. IF that happens Corporations will no longer BE "persons," who can be sued in both criminal and civil court.

Can you imagine the shark lawyers, that control the Senate, ever allowing that amendment to ever be introduced let alone be passed by the Congress?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

criminal and civil court, has now ruled

Constitution to every American.

There is no therefore, the most recent ruling has nothing to do with that earlier one.

It is in fact based on the NO LAW bit of the First.

That is wrong too. There is for example no reason why the constitution could not be explicitly amended to allow corps to be sued in both criminal and civil courts.

amendment to ever be introduced let

It isnt necessarily up to the Senate.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You are entitled to you own opinion, not matter how convoluted it may be ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter wrote

Taint my opinion, its the supremes' opinion.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not to mention being liable for taxes.

Can you imagine the states ratifying such?

Reply to
krw

...and the recent SCotUS ruling changes this still illegal activity how?

Reply to
krw

Below the bottom line, it is the same thing, Bob. Advertising expenses are the greatest expenditures in a campaign. If companies, or PACs, or other big money groups accept that load for a candidate, it is the same as if they had donated the money directly.

Reply to
hls

Lets really level the playing field for corporations. If they want to have the same rights as people, lets tax them at the same rate. Ditto for churches, lets tax that cash cow.

Why stop there, let them be drafted and subject to all the same laws and punishments as ordinary citizens. Let's get them in for jury duty too. It's only fair.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

(Off topic posting deleted, automatically)

This is an automotive News Group, not a political News Group

Try alt.autos.toytoa, they love to talk politics

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Screw you Mike, you wanna be newsgroup cop. Aren't you late for work at the Security Kiosk at the mall? Run along now...

Reply to
IYM

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"IYM" wrote

By posting this repeatedly you are doing the same as Mike. Put him in the kill file and be done with it. Please, stop annoying everyone else the way MH does.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski