post office paint

I have just bought a ex post office escort van which is red.

I take it that the post office will have got their vans painted their red and not a ford red.

any idea where I can get some paint for touching up purpose which is post office red or does any one know of a manufactures red which will match?

Tia Andy

Reply to
Andrew Carr

Halfords do a paint matching service. As do some paint sellers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Like most red paints, it oxidises at a fast rate, so there would be no point getting the original colour. I'd T-cut the van first, then go for a paint matching service.

Reply to
TTT

My local factors will mix paint to match, but are more likely to get out the colour chips and find what colour it is.

It wouldn't surprise me if most paint factors actually list "post office red" as a stock colour!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

================ It's quite possibly 'pillarbox red', which appears to be a standard colour.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

The Post Office use their own red which is a British Standard colour, all you need to do is ask at your paint factor for BS-381c (538), which is (you've guessed it) Post Office Red. The colour will be the same mixed in any paint format, cellulose, synthetic, twin-pack etc, although some fading may indeed have occurred over time.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Hull